This easy, one-pot potato pea curry makes a great weeknight dinner. It’s pantry-friendly and goes from stove to table in less than 30 minutes.
Begin by frying onions, garlic, and ginger in hot oil, then stir in curry powder, turmeric, salt, and cayenne. Add potatoes, tomato paste, and broth; cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and peas, cook until warmed through, and mix in chopped cilantro. That’s it!
I highly recommend enjoying this curry over warm basmati rice to soak up the yummy coconut curry sauce.
Please check out my cookbook Easy Plant-Based Cooking For Two for more Delicious Vegan Recipes. 🙂
Potato Pea Curry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup onion small, diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne optional for heat
- 10 ounce Yukon gold potato (1 potato), cut into ¼-inch-thick pieces
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup peas frozen
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- In a medium skillet, warm 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, salt, and cayenne and cook for 15 seconds. Stir in the potatoes and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, cover, and cook at a medium boil until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and peas. Continue cooking, uncovered, until warmed through and sauce reaches desired thickness. Fold in the chopped cilantro and serve.
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 674mg | Potassium: 856mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3447IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 4mg