A glorious baked treat to have at your brunches, these Morning Glory muffins are moist, hearty, and healthy. They have a wonderful mix of flavors that include cinnamon, earthy walnuts, sweet carrots, and tangy pineapple.
This muffin recipe makes 10 glory-ous jumbo muffins.
If you like this recipe and want more like it, check out my cookbook Beach House Brunch on amazon. 🙂
Jumbo Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup carrot(s) grated
- ¾ cup raisins dark
- ½ cup coconut (sweetened), shredded
- ½ cup walnuts finely chopped
- 3 eggs large
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup pineapple crushed, drained
- 1 apple (Fuji) - medium, peeled and shredded
- 10 teaspoons sunflower seeds raw
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a jumbo muffin pan with 10 liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the carrots, raisins, coconut and walnuts. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, pineapple and shredded apple. Add the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula until incorporated.
- Fill muffin liners three-quarters full. Sprinkle each muffin with a teaspoon of sunflower seeds. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until centers bounce back when pressed.