Living close to the beach, I often wake up to a cool marine layer hovering over the loft. Instead of turning on the heat, I like to make my coconut chai tea latte to warm up my toes.
It uses classic chai spices: cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and Assam black tea, along with a little fresh ginger.
I hope you enjoy it!
Coconut Chai Tea Latte
- 5 pods cardamom
- 5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick, about 2-inches long
- 1 inch ginger fresh, peeled
- 2 cups water filtered
- 1 tablespoon clover honey
- 4 grams loose assam black tea or 2 black tea bags
- ½ cup milk whole or 2%
- ½ cup coconut milk unsweetened
- Grind the cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon stick and ginger with a mortar and pestle. Add the mixture to a small saucepan along with the 2 cups of water. Place over high heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the honey and tea. Let steep 4 minutes.
- Combine the milk and coconut milk in a medium saucepan and bring to low rolling boil. Pour the milk in to the tea mixture. Strain the tea into 2 mugs.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 248mg | Iron: 5mg