This is the ultimate chewy fudge brownie recipe. These delicious brownies taste just like those box mix brownies we grew up with. They stay moist for days and are baked with tiny bits of mini chocolate chips which add just the right amount of bite.
While testing these brownies, I had batches that didn’t hold up at room temperature which drove me CRAZY. So I made sure that these are room temperature stable. They’re also delicious refrigerated. Just remember to store them in an airtight container so they stay great tasting.
This recipe makes an 8×8-inch square pan. I cut them into 9 squares for the photo, but afterwards cut them in half to yield 18 servings. Make this recipe by hand to prevent over mixing. And best to refrigerate them until completely cooled. It will make slicing so much easier.
If you want more delicious baking recipes like this, check out my cookbook Beach House Baking. 🙂
Chewy Fudge Brownies
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder sift
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips mini
- ¼ cup powdered sugar sift
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces butter (unsalted), melted
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch pan with grease, and line with two pieces of parchment with overhang on all sides.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, powdered sugar, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and stir together well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the melted butter, eggs, sugar, water and vanilla by hand until incorporated.
- Stir in the dry ingredients in three parts, mixing well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool completely in refrigerator before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature, refrigerator or freezer for longer storage.