When you’re looking for a quick and tasty dinner, these boldly flavored sweet potato tacos are a terrific choice.
Cubed sweet potato and corn kernels are roasted in the oven until creamy and caramelized. The chipotle slaw is made with shredded cabbage mixed with a quick, tangy dressing of lime juice, chipotle chili, cilantro, maple syrup, and garlic.
Roasted sweet potatoes, caramelized bits of corn, creamy avocado, and crispy slaw nestled in warm corn tortillas make these tacos unforgettable.
Please check out my cookbook Easy Plant-Based Cooking For Two for more Delicious Vegan Recipes. 🙂
Sweet Potato Tacos
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons chipotle chilis chopped, in adobe sauce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 cups cabbage (green or red), thinly shredded
- 1 sweet potato about 14 ounces
- ½ cup corn kernels frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano dried
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4-6 small corn tortillas
- 1 small avocado sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Set aside a large baking tray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients. Mix in the shredded cabbage. Cover and set aside.
- Peel and cut the potato into ½-inch cubes. Transfer them to a large bowl and toss with the corn, olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Spread onto the baking tray in an even layer and roast for 30 minutes.
- Warm tortillas over a gas flame. Fill with the roasted vegetables, cabbage slaw, and slices of avocado, then serve.
Calories: 631kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Sodium: 497mg | Potassium: 1207mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 16291IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 3mg