This casual meal that feeds 3 – 4 is perfect for watching sports in the evening at the beach house. Pop open some cold beers, turn on the tube, grab a comfy seat, and nosh on a platter of these ridiculously good wings. Coated in a honey sriracha sauce, these sticky sweet chicken wings really are “finger-licking” good. This recipe includes a delicious creamy ranch dressing for dipping carrot and celery stalks.
Sticky Sweet Chicken Wings
Sticky sweet sauce:
Make the creamy ranch:
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix on medium speed until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover, and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Make the sticky sweet sauce:
- Stir together all ingredients in a small pot and place over medium heat. Bring to a low boil and continue to cook until sauce thickens to the consistency of molasses, about 10 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent scorching. Remove from heat and set aside while you prepare wings.
- Cut the carrots and celery into sticks, and set aside.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add one layer of wings to pan. Lightly season with salt. Cover with lid and cook 3 minutes. Using tongs, flip chicken pieces over and lightly season with salt. Cover with lid and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Set aside lid, flip wings over, and set a timer to 16 minutes. Continue to cook the chicken uncovered, flipping them over every 2 minutes. After timer ends, transfer the wings to a large bowl along with 1 cup of picked cilantro leaves. Pour the warm, sticky sweet sauce over the wings and toss until all the wings are evenly coated. Arrange the wings on a platter along with the carrot and celery sticks. Serve the ranch dressing on the side for dipping