This is my favorite way to prepare ribeye steak. Everything is made in the cast iron skillet – how awesome is that?
I like my steak medium (165 degrees). This usually takes about 6 minutes in the oven, after a quick sear on the stovetop.
Remove the steaks from the skillet to rest. Then use the drippings in the pan to make a delicious mushroom Marsala cream sauce.
I’ve included my recipe for dandelion greens which is optional but highly recommended.
If you enjoy this recipe and want more like it, check out my cookbook Beach House Dinners. 🙂
Skillet Rib-Eye Steak
Servings: 4 servings
Marsala Mushroom Sauce
- 4 ounces mushroom mix shitake, cremini, oyster
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup Marsala Wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup beef broth
- salt and pepper
- In the morning, season steaks liberally with salt and pepper. Place on a cooling rack in the refrigerator to airbrine.
In the evening:
- Preheat oven to 400°F and remove steaks from refrigerator.
- Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cut the dandelion greens into 3-inch pieces. Add them to the pan along with the garlic. Sauté until the greens are tender, about 8 minutes. Add the chili flakes, and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Warm a cast-iron pan over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Sear the steaks 3 minutes on each side. Transfer pan to the oven and cook until beef has reached 145°F for medium, about 6 minutes. Transfer beef to a cutting board. Let steaks rest while you make the sauce.
- Add the mushrooms to the drippings in the cast-iron pan over medium heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the Marsala and bring to a boil for 1 minute to burn off the alcohol. Stir in the heavy cream and beef broth. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the ribeye steaks. Serve with the Marsala sauce and sautéed greens.
Calories: 944kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 77g | Saturated Fat: 34g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 35g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 812mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1146IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 4mg