If you’re looking for a wonderfully soft and tender sugar cookie, look no further. These soft cakey sugar cookies are always a welcome sight at my brunch parties. I like to bake them somewhat large, but they’re super cute and adorable when baked smaller and served with afternoon tea.
These cookies also make great guest favors since they stay soft all week! Bake and bag them the day before your event. By the time your guests get around to eating them, the cookies will still taste like they were baked fresh that day.
Happy Sugar Cookie Baking!
Giant Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a baking tray with parchment and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt.
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and ½ cup sugar until fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Scrape bowl as needed. Mix in the dry ingredients until incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion the dough onto the lined sheet tray. (I use a ⅓-ounce scoop.) Use a damp palm to just slightly flatten the dough mounds, then sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until tops are set and edges are lightly browned.