We had some last-minute guests the other day, so my husband picked up a roasted turkey breast from Honey Baked Ham.
Let me first say that I was BLOWN AWAY by how delicious the roasted turkey breast was! I knew HoneyBaked’s ham was good, but OMG the turkey was incredible.
Anyhoo, I decided to make some soft and squishy dinner rolls to serve with the turkey breast. I came up with this recipe using nothing but milk, sugar, yeast, flour, butter, vegetable oil, and salt.
These rolls are super fluffy and so delicious, especially when slathered with butter. They’re now a staple at our house whenever we have guests.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Dinner Rolls (Soft and Squishy)
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a Kitchen Aid bowl and let sit for a few minutes to activate yeast. Add the remaining ingredients and mix with the hook attachment on low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium, and mix for 2 minutes to develop gluten.
- Transfer dough to an oiled stainless-steel bowl. Cover the bowl with a dish towel, and let the dough rise until doubled in size in a warm place, about 30 minutes.
- Grease a 9"x13" glass baking dish; set aside.
- After dough has risen, punch it down and weigh out twelve (2.75-ounce) pieces. Roll each piece into a tight ball, and place them in the prepared baking dish. Arrange the balls 4 lengthwise and 3 across, leaving equal space between each.
- Cover the pan with a dish towel and let rise again in a warm place until doubled, 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and adjust the rack to a lower third position.
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Rotate the dish and continue baking until golden brown on top, about 8 minutes more. Remove from the oven and brush with butter.