This cantaloupe dessert is a refreshing summer soup that should be made with perfectly ripe cantaloupes for the best flavor.
Simply add cubes of ripe, juicy cantaloupe to a blender and mix with milk, lemon juice, and cilantro until smooth. Sweeten with agave to taste. To make this dessert vegan or dairy-free, you may use almond milk.
I recommend serving the soup with some fresh raspberries, a perfect complement to cantaloupe.
- 1 large cantaloupe ripe and chilled
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- agave to taste
- raspberries for serving
- Cut the cantaloupe in half and remove the seeds. Cut the flesh into small pieces and place in a blender along with the milk, lemon juice, and cilantro. Puree until smooth. Add agave, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired sweetness is reached.
- Strain soup and pour into bowls. Garnish with cilantro and serve with raspberries.