We had some last-minute guests the other day, so my husband picked up a roasted turkey breast from Honey Baked Ham.
Let me first say that I was BLOWN AWAY by how delicious the roasted turkey breast was! I knew HoneyBaked’s ham was good, but OMG the turkey was incredible.
Anyhoo, I decided to make some soft and squishy dinner rolls to serve with the turkey breast. I came up with this recipe using nothing but water, yeast, sugar, salt, vegetable oil, and flour.
These rolls are super fluffy and so delicious, especially when slathered with butter. They’re now a staple at our house whenever we have guests.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Soft And Squishy Dinner Rolls
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a Kitchen Aid bowl and let sit for a few minutes to activate yeast. Add the remaining ingredients and mix with the hook attachment on low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium, and mix for 2 minutes to develop gluten.
- Transfer dough to an oiled stainless steel bowl. Cover the bowl with a dish towel, and let the dough rise until doubled in size in a warm place, about 30 minutes.
- Grease a 9”x13” pan, and set it aside.
- After dough has risen, punch it down and weight out twelve (2.75-ounce) pieces. Roll each piece into a tight ball, and place in the prepared 9"x13" pan. Arrange the balls 4 lengthwise and 3 across, leaving equal space between each.
- Cover pan with dish towel and again let rise until doubled for 30 to 60 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bake rolls for 16 minutes until golden brown on top. rotating halfway.