Hello Peanut Butter lovers!
I wanted to create a peanut butter cookie recipe that would stay moist and soft for days on end, and this is it.
These peanut butter cookies not only have an amazingly soft and chewy texture, but they’re also packed with rich peanut butter flavor. My secret was to use peanut butter and peanut butter chips in the dough, giving the cookie a double dose of peanut butter.
These cookies are perfect for taking to the beach – the heat of the sun warms the cookie just enough to release the aroma of peanut butter and melt the peanut butter chips embedded in the dough. It’s like taking a bite out of a fresh-out-of-the-oven cookie, and who wouldn’t love that delicious just-baked taste at the beach?
Having fun making these. I know I did!
Peanut Butter Cookies
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about one minute.
- Add the egg, half and half, and vanilla extract, and mix for an additional minute. Mix in the flour, chips, baking soda and salt until incorporated. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a couple baking trays with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared trays (I use a 1-ounce ice cream scoop). Flatten slightly with palm. Mark the dough with the back of a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until edges are just set. Cookies will look underbaked. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool completely on the sheet trays.