A glorious baked treat to have at your brunches, these muffins are moist, hearty and healthy with a wonderful mix of flavors including cinnamon, earthy walnuts, sweet carrots and tangy pineapple. This recipe makes 10 jumbo muffins.
Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup carrots grated
- ¾ cup raisins dark
- ½ cup coconut (sweetened), shredded
- ½ cup walnuts finely chopped
- 3 eggs large
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup pineapple crushed, drained
- 1 apple (Fuji) - medium, peeled and shredded
- 10 teaspoons sunflower seeds raw
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a jumbo muffin pan with 10 liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the carrots, raisins, coconut and walnuts. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, pineapple and shredded apple. Add the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula until incorporated.
- Fill muffin liners three-quarters full. Sprinkle each muffin with a teaspoon of sunflower seeds. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until centers bounce back when pressed.
Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 2232IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg