Hello, my friends! I have a delicious Honey Oat Bran Muffin recipe for you to try. I developed it when I was writing my second cookbook Beach House Brunch. That was a very busy time in my life – trying to run my bakery AND develop and test 100 brunch recipes for my cookbook.
This was the last recipe to make the cut. I started developing it months before the book was due, but it pretty much came down to the wire before I was satisfied with the outcome – moist, delicious, healthy, and easy to make.
Begin by making a buttery honey sauce. Pour a puddle of it in each muffin cup. Top it with the raisin oat bran muffin batter and then bake them. When they’re sufficiently baked, let them sit for a few minutes before inverting them.
These muffins are super moist with a tender crumb. The oat bran lends a nice healthy flavor but not overwhelmingly so.
By the way, if you like this recipe and want more like it, check out my cookbook Beach House Brunch on amazon. 🙂
Honey Oat Bran Muffin
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Make the honey sauce:
- In a small pot, warm all the ingredients over medium heat, and stir until sugars dissolve. Add 2 teaspoons of the honey sauce to each muffin cup. Set aside muffin pan.
- Make the muffins:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and raisins. Make a well in the center and add the egg whites, milk, water, molasses and oil. Whisk until combined.
- Use a large ice cream scoop or ladle to portion the batter to just below the rim of each muffin cup. While portioning, stir the muffin batter in the bowl occasionally to evenly distribute the raisins. Bake muffins for 18 minutes or until centers are firm when pressed. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before inverting onto a foil- lined sheet tray. Let muffins cool for 10 minutes. Place them in muffin liners for serving.
- Sidenote: You can bake these cupcakes in muffin liners if you prefer a quick cleanup. You will just need to bake the muffins in the oven for about 5 minutes longer.